4. JiggyBelle1:34
  5. Spesbona1:36
  6. whatnauts1:38
  7. jana123211:38
  8. pkin381:43
  9. Dohun1:51
  10. SteveA1:51

Comments

Please sign in to comment. Don't have a profile? Join now! Joining is absolutely free and no personal information is required.

ringleader

Amen to that :-)))

whatnauts

Oh my, I sooo know what you are talking about. It never pays to continue stitching once you know you are tired - it's difficult enough following the charts when you're feeling tip top.

ringleader

Whatnauts, I was in my late 20's when I started and even then I needed the magnifying glass. I used to get so involved with it that I would stay up way too late until the night I discovered I had a major counting error and spent well over an hour taking stitches out. All the rest of that night I dreamed I was pulling out stitches and woke worn out the next morning. Never again was I tempted to finish that piece of thread or that color before quitting!!
I, too, have all kinds of pattern books, and threads which are arranged by number and tied on to thick cardboard pages in a notebook. But I don't see how I could ever get back to it.

whatnauts

I started with needlepoint (tapestry) when I was 8 and then did some stamped cross stitch patterns when I was 12 or 13 and also some embroidery. I believe I was an adult by the time I started the counted cross stitch. You're right, its much more detailed and also fun, but can be frustrating if you make an obvious mistake. I still have books and books of patterns, not to mention fabric and threads. I keep thinking one day, one day. Of course, I'd need magnifying glasses to work on anything now, but I have those as well!!

ringleader

Hi Whatnauts. Welcome. I see you often on other puzzles. Thanks for coming by. My problem now is eyes rather than time. Come by any time. It's fun to know of another one who understands how the counted cross stitch works. It's so much more detailed than those patterns printed on fabric. Thanks.

whatnauts

Hi ringleader. I saw your comment on tigress's puzzle and had to come over to check out your cross stitch. It's a lovely piece. Thanks for sharing. I've done a lot of counted cross stitch over the years, but nothing in the last few years. There's never enough time for everything!!

ringleader

You are very welcome, Pat. Your comment made me stop and think how long ago it was - half a lifetime ago that I made this one. It doesn't seem that long and yet it does. Time is so strange!! Appreciate you coming by and enjoy your comments a lot.

pkin38

Love them. I tried embroidery when I was younger. But then my family got too big and had to give it up. No time. These pieces are just gorgeous. Thanks Ardy for sharing

ringleader

Thank you, Ank. That was real sweet of you. It is very rare for me to stay on any board this long! I've gotten used to slipping right on off. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by.

puzzeljac

A beauty Ardy. Sorry I could not make it on the board, but I did not try too, because then you should go off. And I did not want that.

ringleader

You are welcome, Jan. I never cared much for printed on fabric patterns in embroidery. It took several years for Helen (the mother figure I lived with here in Maryland) to convince me to try this. Once I got started I was hooked on the thread count or counted cross stitch as it's sometimes called.

JiggyBelle

My embroidery experience is small, but I can still appreciate how much work goes into these pieces. This is a beauty, Ardy! Thanks!

ringleader

This pattern did make up nicely. You would know more than most having sewed for Eva Rosenstand. I really appreciate your comments. Thanks, Hanne.

ringleader

Thanks Toto. This type of embroidery I found to be as addicting as Jigidi is now. My eyesight now prefers Jigidi as the pieces are larger than those close weaves in the material.

Elfie

They are great pictures, Ardy, and indeed they are made into very beautiful embroideries!! So many changings of colours in the pattern!! Thanks so very much!!

Toto

I vaguely remember this series from one of the many catelogs that found their way to my house. I did one of fireworks breaking over the Capitol Dome for the Bicentennial which I had hanging in my office for years. I've forgotten where I've got it tucked away now. Thanks for the post.

ringleader

Building 2 of six on the bell pull designed for the American Bicentennial, 1976.

Why this advertisement?
  • What’s up with Jigidi and erotica?

Blatant sexual objectification is not allowed on Jigidi. You’ll find our review criteria for erotica here, along with a more in-depth rundown on our stand on blatant sexual objectification on Jigidi.