Please sign in to comment. Don't have a profile? Join now! Joining is absolutely free and no personal information is required.
Built in 1925 originally No. 89 and then No (9679/13809/53809), first steam restoration at Swanwick in 1980 in LMS livery as 13809, and early 1990s, reverting to its BR Number 53809, was withdrawn for overhaul circa 1994, The first engine overhaul completed in January 2006. It was withdrawn from service early in 2011, requiring boiler repairs. The engine's second overhaul was completed in February 2016. Source internet.