The Red House, Rococo Gardens, Painswick
The Rococo gardens at Painswick Gloucestershire are the only complete gardens of this period (1720 - 1760) They were restored, based on paintings commissioned by the owner of the original gardens, in the 1980s and are now in the care of a Trust. Rococo gardens were designed for entertaining, and pleasure grounds. The buildings within the gardens, like this Red House, were placed at viewpoints. The red house is now a popular venue for civil weddings.